Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are longer ramps better?
- Longer ramps create a lower incline angle, giving you more visibility as you approach the ramp, and allowing for a slower and safer ascent. You can drive slower in the right gear, limiting the risk of doing a wheelie or crashing through your truck's back window. Longer ramps are also better for golf carts, which typically have a lower ground clearance; they can help reduce the risk of bottoming out as you drive up the ramp and onto the truck bed.
- Are Long Ramps made in the U.S.?
- Yes! We get our aluminum from U.S. mills and we design and build the ramps in Gallitzin, a town of about 1,500 people in central Pennsylvania.
- Which length ramp set is right for me?
- We recommend the 11' set for trucks with a four-inch lift or taller, the 9.5' set for trucks with lifts up to four inches, and the 8' set for stock-height trucks. That said, we firmly believe that longer is always better, so if you can afford the luxury of the 11' set, do it. To see for yourself what kind of angle you'll get with each length ramp, just have a friend run a tape measure down from the end of your tailgate while you step back and take a look.
- Will these ramps fit underneath my ATV?
- That depends on the ground clearance, tires, suspension, and track width of your ATV. Each individual ATV ramp is a maximum of 73.5" x 15" x 7.5" when folded, and a set is a maximum of 73.5" x 15" x 13" stacked.
- What about under my UTV? Or my golf cart?
- A pair of Long Ramps will fit under most UTVs and most golf carts.
- What's the spacing between the rungs?
- The open space between the rungs on a Long ATV Ramp is 6¼ inches. The open space between the rungs on a Long Golf Cart Ramp is 3 inches.
- What are the ramps made of?
- We use heavy-duty 6061 aluminum, which means the ramps won’t rust like other metals.
- How long is the lip at the top of the ramps?
- 3¼ inches.
- How heavy are the ramps?
- Our 8 foot ramps are just 29 pounds and 11 foot ramps are 36 pounds. They can easily be lifted by most adults.
- How much weight can the ramps support?
- Our ramps can easily support the weight of most ATVs or UTVs, which clock in around 500 pounds.
- Do Long Ramps come with tie-down straps?
- No. But we are currently working on providing a great solution.
- Do you have local, stocking dealers near me?
- Not at this time.
- How long until I receive my order?
- Normally, we ship 8-10 business days after you place your order. Transit time to destinations in North America will vary from one business day for folks near Pennsylvania to a week or more for folks in the western half of the continent.
- Can I buy three ramps instead of a pair so as to accommodate my trike?
- Yes. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work up a custom quote for you.
- What's the shipping cost for U.S. shipments?
- Just $99 to the contiguous states. If you're in Alaska or Hawaii, please email us at email@example.com for a shipping quote.
- What is the shipping cost to Canada?
- Just US $200 from Manitoba eastward or US $250 from Saskatchewan westward. (That includes brokerage.) Folks from Nunavut, the Yukon, and the Northwest Territories, please contact us for an accurate quote.
- Can you ship outside the U.S.?
- Yes. We'll just need to get a shipping quote for you. Email us your location at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warranty & Returns
- What is your warranty?
- We warrant Long Ramps for three years against manufacturing defects and failure under normal use.
- What is your return policy?
- We'll accept returns for a full refund within 30 days of your receipt. You are responsible for the shipping costs.